Wednesday 17 November 2010

Chocolate Guinness Cake - does life get any sweeter!

I'm not usually big into cakes and baking outside of birthdays or entertaining the boys on a rainy day, but having discovered Chocolate Guinness Cake, I really could make an exception.
Corks!! What a cake! I personally cannot abide Guinness (much to the disapproval of my partner and his Irish family), but this cake is absolutely sublime. It is really moist and heavy and chocolatey and absolutely gorgeous with a cream cheese frosting.
Having tasted it last weekend for the first time, I am now biding my time to get the baking things out and give it a go. Mmmmm.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy and you are very naughty as I am trying to lose weight and don't think this will help lol.
    I have never forgotten eating Jamaican rum cake at an event years ago and like your cake was so moist and gorgeous. Salivating at the very thought of it

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, perhaps not the best idea if trying to lose weight, although you could make the frosting with a low fat cream cheese ;).
    Just in case you decide to leap off the diet wagon, here's the recipe - http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/chocolate-guinness-cake-3086

    ReplyDelete